We are currently seeking artists and arts organisations to apply to be part of the Deptford Literature Festival programme. Taking place on Saturday 14 March 2020 at various locations around Deptford, Deptford Literature Festival will feature performances, readings, workshops and more, with activities led by local writers and creatives: Inua Ellams, Ella Frears, Jamie Hale, TOKEN Magazine and Knights Of.
We have 5x open commissions of £500 available to writers, artists and arts organisations based in Deptford and Lewisham to deliver activity as part of the festival.
Commissions could include: writing workshops, readings, performances, talks, walks, participatory sessions, cross-arts activity, local heritage activity and more…
The only stipulations are that activity takes place on 14 March at the Festival, is literature based, and has a connection to Deptford and the surrounding area.
To apply, please send a proposal - no more than 2 sides of A4.
The proposal should include:
- Information about you/your organisation
- Examples of your previous work
- An outline of your idea and how you plan to deliver it
- Planned location for your activity
- Any technical considerations
- Description of how your activity meets the remit of the Festival
- Audience(s) you think will engage with your activity
- Contact details, including your postal address
The Festival will be able to offer:
- Space at Deptford Lounge to host commissioned activity. Alternatively, your activity can take place in other locations in Deptford. Please state in your proposal the planned location, and - if you are not planning on using Deptford Lounge - whether you have approached the venue(s) to confirm if they’d be willing to participate.
- Marketing and communications support through Spread the Word’s marketing channels, mailing list and a Festival flyer.
Commissions will be decided by a panel of the Festival producers and applicants will hear back by 20 December 2019.
Deadline: 5pm Friday 13 December 2019.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact email@example.com